Last updated May 2, 2019
Thank you for your interest in joining us as a Barn Owl Partner. Our partners are very important to us, and we work hard to build long-term relationships with all of our partners.
We have several partner programs, depending on your goals.
Referral and Affiliate Program
Get paid or earn store credit by simply referring customers to Barn Owl's online store.
Our Affiliate and Referral Program allows you to earn commissions or store credit for referring your friends, family, or followers to our online store.
The affiliate and referral programs are executed under the same agreement, the only difference is how the partner chooses to be paid. Affiliate partners typically choose to be paid a direct commission, while referral partners typically choose to be paid in store credit. Both options are available to all partners joining our program, and the payout option can be changed at any time.
To get started as a Barn Owl affiliate, register here. You will need to enter your PayPal payment email address and confirm that you agree to the Affiliate Agreement Terms below.
Once you've registered as an affiliate, you will be given a unique link that contains your affiliate code. You can use this link on your website or to send to contacts.
The agreement below designed to protect you, Barn Owl and our customers. Please read thoroughly. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This agreement describes the terms and conditions for participation in the Barn Owl affiliate program. In this agreement, the term "Affiliate" refers to you (the applicant). In this agreement, “Barn Owl” refers to Barn Owl Tech, Inc., a Delaware Corporation, with whom you are entering this agreement. By applying to the Barn Owl affiliate program you are confirming that you have read the agreement and agree to the terms and conditions.
Commissions will only be paid on sales that are made when the customer clicks through qualified, correctly structured Affiliate links. Properly coded links are the sole responsibility of the affiliate. Commissions can be viewed on the Affiliate Dashboard.
For a sale to generate a commission to an Affiliate, the customer must complete an order in Barn Owl’s online store and remit full payment for the product.
The following rules and rates apply to commissions:
• Commissions will only be paid for purchases over $200 in total order value
• Because we provide free shipping, 3% will be deducted from the total order to cover packing and shipping.
• Some items, such as batteries and mounts, are excluded from commissions because they are provided as a service to customers with no profitability.
• If a Referral signs up with a coupon or promo code, Affiliates will be paid a commission on the discounted rate.
• In the event a customer requests a refund for a transaction for which the Affiliate has earned commissions, any commissions earned on the refund amount will be deducted from the Affiliate’s balance.
• You are not allowed to purchase products under your own affiliate link.Commission tiers reset every 12 months. The period is from January 1st to December 31st for all affiliates.
Tier Commission Qualification
Bronze 10% Program Acceptance
Silver 12.5% $5,000 in qualifying sales in that 12-month period
Gold 15% $15,000 in qualifying sales in that 12-month period
Affiliate payments are made once a month, within five business days of the beginning of the month. A minimum balance of $100 is required for payout.
1) Direct Payment - Partners must have an active PayPal account to receive payment.
2) Barn Owl Credit - Partners who choose to be paid in Barn Owl Credit have two options:
a) Store Credit - store credit is given at an amount 2x the earned commission. For example, if the partner has earned $100 in commissions, they will be given a $200 store coupon.
b) Service Credit - applied directly to the Affiliate’s account in the Barn Owl App for the amount equal to the commission earned. Future service charges will automatically deduct from the credit.
A few accessories are drop-shipped to customers as a service with minimal to no upcharge. These items are not eligible for commissions. Ineligible products include: lithium batteries, directional antennas, directional antenna cables, high-gain antennas, and python locks.
Usage and Obligations
• You must adhere strictly to the Barn Owl Terms & Conditions.
• SPAM is strictly prohibited. Any email messages sent containing an Affiliate link must fully comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.
• You are solely responsible for keeping your information current with Barn Owl in the event of a change of email address or PayPal account information.
• Affiliates that are United States citizens who earn more than $600 in a single year must submit IRS Form W-9 before receiving additional payment.
• Referrals must have cookies enabled. Affiliate cookies expire after 30 days.
• Affiliates are limited to only one Affiliate account.
• Self-referrals are strictly prohibited.Affiliates are permitted to use the Barn Owl brand and marketing resources available in the Affiliates section of the Barn Owl application. Logos and other assets cannot be modified. The Affiliate does not gain any trademark, copyright or any other rights to these materials.
• The Affiliate will never imply that they are acting on behalf of Barn Owl and will never advertise Barn Owl products directly.
• The Affiliate will never bid for advertisements that compete with Barn Owl.
• The Affiliate will never represent themselves, Barn Owl or their relationship with Barn Owl in a false or misleading way.
Term and Termination
Either party has the right to terminate the agreement immediately without prior notice.
If the Affiliate terminates the agreement, no further commissions from Barn Owl will be paid for any past or future customer transactions.
If Barn Owl chooses to terminate the agreement, any balance greater than $100 USD will be paid to the affiliate within 60 days of termination. Balances that are smaller than $100 will be forfeited.
This Agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of laws rules.
All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the State of Delaware. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
We may modify any of the terms and conditions within this Agreement at any time and at our sole discretion. These modifications may include, but not limited to changes in the scope of available commissions, commission schedules, payment procedures and Affiliate Program rules.
Promotional Partner Program
Leverage your influence to earn free cameras by promoting Barn Owl through social media or other channels.
We value long-term relationships with experts, influencers, and pro-staff who help us become a better company. While we work with promotional partners to help spread the word about our products and services, we also rely on our partners to give us feedback from the field on how we can get better.
We provide benefits for our promotional partners depending on the partner's level of influence. Please fill our short Promotional Partner Form to help us get to know you better. We will send you our Promotional Partner Agreement, which includes the tiered benefits.
Sales Partner Program
Earn commissions by helping us reach customers who do not normally shop online.
Our Sales Partners help us reach potential customers that won't find us through online marketing. If you live in an area or work with a business where you regularly interact with ranchers, farmers, hunters, outfitters, or any other businesses who could benefit from our remote monitoring system, we want you on our team. We offer competitive commission rates and reliable partner support to help you succeed as a sales partner.
If you're interested in joining us as a Sales Partner, please submit the form below and we'll contact you ASAP.
Purchase Barn Owl products in volume to resell in your own channels.
The Distributor Program is for partners who commit to buying Barn Owl products in volume. While having an established retail store (either physical or online) helps, it is not required.
We value partners who have industry expertise and share our vision of making remote surveillance accessible and affordable. We work hard to build lasting relationships with our distributors, and we provide support to ensure our distributors are successful.
Becoming a distributor requires an application and signed Distributor Agreement with Barn Owl. Distribution partners will receive our volume pricing list after being approved and signing the Distributor Agreement.
Have more questions? Let us know.