Need help? Contact us to receive immediate support from the Barn Owl team.
Last updated November 2021
Battery life is dependent on many factors, including temperature, cellular signal strength, IR LED usage, and more.
If you are only using the internal AA batteries:
• Use Lithium AA batteries
The following tips will help maximize battery life:
• Reduce how frequently your camera checks for new SMS Commands.
• Set the "SMS Check Interval" to at least 1 hour, but the longer the interval is the better your battery life will be.
• When "Instant" is selected, the camera always remains connected to the cellular network and batteries drain significantly faster.
• Please note, "Instant" is required for commanding real-time photos. If real-time photos are important to you, consider an external power source.
• Reduce PIR sensitivity to limit photos of unwanted objects.
• Limit night photos if possible.
• Set a Time Window within daylight hours (06:00-18:00, etc) to restrict the camera from taking night photos.
• Reduce IR flash if possible.
• If you don't need full IR flash range, set the "LED" to "Part".
• IR flash range will be reduced from ~65 feet to ~30 feet.
If you need reliable power in all conditions, use an external power source.
• If 120V power outlet is available, use a 120V AC Power Adapter.
• If you have good sun exposure, purchase a solar panel.
• Ensure the solar panel is fully charged and is oriented to maximize sun exposure.
• If solar or 120V power are not options, use an external 12V battery.
Access our web-app from any device to view photos, manage your cameras' data usage, and manage your cameras' settings.
Log in or register for an account at app.barnowl.tech
If you are new to the Barn Owl App, you will be walked through a setup process.
To add a new camera, go to the top-left menu and select "Add Camera".
Adding a camera requires you to input the camera's IMEI number (sticker above/below camera screen or in Menu - Other - About) and SIM Number (white card included in camera box).
Once you activate a camera, it will remain Active with a $5 per month connection fee until the camera is Suspended or Removed. To save you money on connection fees, we will automatically Suspend a camera that has not transmitted data for three months. If you are using a camera seasonally, you can manually Remove it from your account to stop the $5 per month connection fee. Both Suspended and Removed cameras can be re-activated at any time. View our billing policy for full details.
If you have any other questions, please contact us.
Have more questions?Let Us Know